Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My "love" for Jeanette

This month Crafty Gals Blog Group is showing our "love" for Jeanette Cloyd's work.  Here is my love. . .
Stamps:  {ippity} by Unity 
Paper:  Recollections Card Stock, Page from a rescued Hymnal
Ink:  Recollections Dye Ink 
Misc: Rhinestones

Yes, the background paper is from an actual Hymnal.  I found it in the recycling bin at school one day (with many others).  I used to teach in Catholic schools, I'm sure a priest said a blessing before they were tossed.  They were "well loved;" you could tell by the broken spines and covers hanging on by a thread.  I rescued one to use on my projects.  

Here is my inspiration from Jeanette's blog, see all of her beautiful creations, here.

Mine doesn't even come close to her elegant work (see her original post, here).
In true honor of Jeanette I even finished the inside:
Jeanette, THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Monica! I love your card!!! The purple is wonderful - one of my favorite colors! And with the green, it just pops! I love your quote and all the beautiful rhinestones. LOVELY card INSIDE and OUT!

    Thank you for making me feel so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find for your background paper! How neat is that?! I love the vibrant colors against it too! It's a beautiful card, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love that you rescued the hymnal and were able to use it. What a great way to use something that was just thrown out. You gave it new life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card--and a piece of real music from a hymnal is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card!! Great use of a "retired" hymnal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Monica! This is a great card! I love how you CASED Jeanette's! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great case. I like the music being used as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica, you did an awesome job for Jeanette!!!. I love her hymnal's cards as well!!!. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot. Not only do they encourage me, they help me grow.